19 December 2011
The Department of Work and Pensions has launched a consultation on how to treat the proliferation of small pension pots. An individual moving from job to job may easily build up a portfolio of several small entitlements with consequent problems of administration, communication and cost.
Their proposed initiatives include:
- encouraging members to consolidate their pension savings, so reducing the cost of administering small pension pots
- transferring small pension pots to one or more aggregator schemes
- transferring pension savings so they follow an individual from job to job
The paper also announces the end of short-service refunds for members of DC occupational schemes.
The consultation closes on 23 March 2012.
Over to You:
- If you found this content useful, please feel free to share it using the buttons at the bottom of the webpage
- If you’d like to be kept in touch with my writings as they are published, please subscribe to my Mailing List
- If you think I might be able to help your business with your pensions related challenges – please email or call me
Author: Martin Veasey
© www.veaseyassociates.co.uk 2011 – 2018